The Australian Teacher Education Association (ATEA) is the major professional association for teacher educators in Australia. The mission of the Australian Teacher Education Association is to promote:
- research as a core endeavour of teacher educators;
- the continuing education of teachers and teacher educators;
- advocacy and support for the professionalism and expertise of teacher educators at local through to global scales.
The objectives of the Association are:
- to lead and facilitate teaching and research based continuing education and networking for teachers and teacher educators;
- to assist teachers and teacher educators on the journey to reconciliation with Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- to encourage and promote research and innovation in all aspects of teacher education;
- to recognise innovative contributions to research, scholarship, service, and practice in teacher education;
- to be an advocate for teacher education and the exchange of contemporary ideas to work to improve the professional status and welfare of teacher educators; and
- to promote cooperation among teacher educators and relevant organisations internationally with a particular focus on the Asia-Pacific region and other settler-colonial societies.
Please address all general correspondence to the ATEA Secretary, Dr Amanda Gutierrez: firstname.lastname@example.org.